The maritime industry is quite incomplete without a professional ship chandler in Curaçao. These ship chandlers work hard to provide high-quality services to vessel operators by acting as a one-stop shop. Their primary goal is to meet the needs and requirements of the crew.
These professionals ensure that the ship is well-stocked with various commodities for their upcoming voyage. All you need to do now is take a quick look at this article for more information. If you stick around until the end, you’ll be able to uncover potential insights in no time. Without further ado, let’s get started.
What Services Do Ship Chandler Companies Offer?
Let’s check out the various services offered by a Curaçao ship handler at a quick glance:
- Fresh bread and baking products
- Long-life products and fresh dairy
- A wide assortment of fast food products and cold cuts
- Canned and fresh meat, vegetables, and fruits
- Dry provisions
- A wide variety of cereals
- Ball bearings
- Oil seals
- Hydraulic pipes and couplings
- Pressure gauges and thermometers
Deck, Engine, and Mechanical Spares
- Marine chemicals and paints
- Lubricant oils
- Safety equipment
- Electrical equipment
- Hatch cover tape
- Life raft service, maintenance, and supplies
- Brown tapes
- Tarpaulin, plastic, and craft papers
- Hawsers, ropes, and wire cables
- Cabin stores in various qualities
- Oil joint sheet
- Rubber joint sheet
- MMD and SOLAS-approved safety equipment
- IMO signs or symbols
- Chemical suits and immersion suits
- Powder extinguishers and AFFF protein foam
- Firefighting equipment such as hoses
- Lifejackets and lifebuoys
- Breathing devices
- Polypropylene rope
- Flags of different countries
- Nautical publications and charts
- Welding and gasses equipment
- Mechanical and electrical gadgets and tools
- Engine and mechanical spare parts on demand
- Cleaning chemicals and materials
- Twist locks
- Electrical and pneumatic tools
- Lantern light
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Soft drinks and beer
- Table wine
- Desserts and sweets
- Perfumes and extra items
Anti Piracy Equipments
- Razor wires
- Rubber packing sheets
- Car lashing belts
- Dunnage supply
These are some of the services offered by a professional Curaçao ship chandler.
What Are Ship Chandlers’ Roles And Responsibilities?
Let’s take a quick look at some of the roles and responsibilities of a ship chandler:
- A ship chandler is responsible for providing the crew with essential commodities like cleaning supplies and ropes.
- They offer cleaning services such as deck cleaning and laundry.
- These experts provide repair and maintenance services for various components such as the radar, engine, and anchor.
- They assist new buyers with in-depth information about the specific condition of the ship.
- They offer transportation services to seafarers.
- They work hard to repair computers, radios, and communication equipment.
- They are responsible for supplying and inspecting safety equipment like fire extinguishers and lifeboats.
The Bottom Line
Staying well-stocked is no longer a stressful and time-consuming process thanks to these retail dealers. You will be able to roll into your comfort zone when you invest in these Curaçao ship chandling services.